Best Buy Website Down On Black Friday
Best Buy’s website went down temporarily on Black Friday due to heavy traffic.
“A concentrated spike in mobile traffic triggered issues that led us to shut down BestBuy.com in order to take proactive measures to restore full performance,” The electronics retailer said in a statement. “Our consumers can return to BestBuy.com in the next several hours to take advantage of today’s door busters.”
This year, Best Buy offered “doorbuster” deals all day on Thanksgiving and Black Friday on BestBuy.com. Some of the deals included:
- A Best Buy exclusive Samsung 55” LED Ultra HD Smart TV for $899.99
- Panasonic 50” LED 1080p HDTV for $199.99
- $100 off on all iPad Air 2 models
- Beats Solo headphones for $79.99, a savings of $90
- GoPro Hero 3+ Silver action camera for $249.99, a $50 savings
- Nest smart thermostat for $199.99, a savings of $50
- The Dyson DC44 origin cordless stick bagless vacuum will be available for $219.99, $180 off of the regular price of $399.99
- A number of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One games including NBA 2K15, Madden 15 and FIFA 15 will be 50 percent off and available for $29.99
Best Buy’s website woes are a sign of the times that the volume of online shopping is still growing. Black Friday is predicted to be the fastest growing online sales day of the year at $2.48 billion, an increase of 28 percent, according to Adobe’s 2014 Digital Index Online Shopping Forecast.
“Smartphones and tablets continue to drive more and more sales online, which will lead to new sales records on Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and Cyber Monday,” said Brad Rencher, senior vice president, Digital Marketing at Adobe earlier this month.
- Brevard County Public Schools