Ten Reasons Why Cocoa Beach Is Florida's Best Beach
COCOA BEACH, Florida — A recent article ranking Florida’s best beaches on thrillist.com ranked Cocoa Beach, Florida as Florida’s 5th best beach. Here are ten reasons why Cocoa Beach should be ranked number one.
1. Cocoa Beach is the only beach that comes with rocket launches.
2. Cocoa Beach is the closest and widest beach near Disney World, SeaWorld, and Universal Studios – the perfect relaxation “vacation from your vacation” after spending several days in crowded theme parks and Orlando traffic.
3. The locals are really, really nice. But who wouldn’t be when you live in a laid back tropical paradise? The easiest way to test this hospitality is to not immediately go when a traffic light turns green. If you get honked at – it won’t be by a local – it will be by another visitor.
4. The surfing in Cocoa Beach is the best in the Sunshine State.
5. The fishing is very accessible and inexpensive with no Florida fishing license required off the Cocoa Beach Pier or deep sea fishing boats. A license is required to fish directly off the beach which can be purchased at the nearest bait shop (but please fish early in the morning, you will have a better catch, no sunburn, and not bother other beach-goers later in the day).
- Cocoa Beach
- Jelly Fish